Contributed in Area: Science Energy Environment Nano biotechnology.
Scientific Research sustainable environmental remediation’s : Nanomaterial’s for Energy / Wastewater , Bio-refinery , Energy audit & project planning.
The Professional career of Dr. I. Ahmed can be divided into two decades /eras before PhD (France in 2009-13) and after PhD. It consists of a mixed experience of working in research academics (lecturer in Cambridge Edu. System and University faculty) as well as industrial research & Development / international organization UNIDO /UNDP/USAID. Whereas my professional experience summary is under as: I had to spend major part of pre-PhD and Post-PhD period in national and international organizations in establishing new programs and protocols. Such as UNIDO , 2002-04 .
Dr. Ahmed MRSC. MACS. serving Asst. Professor at Energy Research Centre of COMSATS University Islamabad Lahore campus. Prior to this he has served USAID –ASU/UET joint venture US-Pak center for advanced studies in energy as faculty / project lead for laboratory Development as well as USAID industrial liaison. He has been pioneer lead author for MS/PhD curriculum of energy management & sustainability (EMS) as well as Renewable energy engineering program. After formal MSc, M.Phil Presidents Award from Institute of chemistry University of the Punjab and GCU Lahore, he completed his PhD from University of Paris Sud France early 2013, with distinction & honorary title of Research faculty as well as an invited speaker to CALTECH USA. He has authored 30 publications with accumulative impact factor 121 and 2400 + citations.
He owns a track as trainer of sustainable development / media documentaries for UNO, WWF, ADNOC refinery with awards of excellence from French Society of Microscopy 2012, ADNOC -UAE 2016. He has co-supervised international MS dissertations at Masdar Institute vetted endorsed by MIT-USA in 2015-16, UET and Arizona State University 2017-2018 and COMSATS 2019-2020. He has contributed /accomplished international research projects Such as Masdar city / Trevi-sysytem USA 2016 , Pak-US Energy modeling strategy 2017 UET-Arizona state University USA. The Cambridge Examinations recently acknowledged me as an approved international examiner of Oxford -Cambridge Board examinations ( OCR ) supervision and management at A-level examination 2021. During his tenure as technical expert to Govt of Pakistan, UNEP gave us a certificate for excellence of performance.
Visiting Research /Invited Positions:
- Aitchison College Lahore – Faculty 2005-07 – Oxford – Cambridge Board A level International Examiner 2021- to-date .
- California Institute of Technology USA Invited Research Scientist 2012
- Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS) : Invited Research Scientist (2016) . (Establishment of centre for Water informatics & technology) .
- Joint Researcher – Hubei University , Wuhan , CHINA 2021-2022
- Honrary .Research Journalist MDG /Env. UN information Centre Isbd.
- Research fellow – UNIDO Zero Waste in Petroleum sector
- National Cleaner production Policy formulation-Petroleum
- National Environment quality standards development for petroleum
- Zero water effluent complete water recycling in refinery
International Research Projects:
- 2001-2004 Zero Effluent in refinery Project UNIDO –NCPC Pakistan
- 2007-08 Development of NEQS for Oil & Gas production sector Pakistan
- 2007-08 Implementation of Vienna Convention under UNDP-UNEP
- 2009-2013 Photocat Paris Sud ( HEC-CNRS)
- 2014-2015 Optimization and R & D on forward osmosis system in UAE ( Trevi systems USA).
- 2015-2016 Green energy efficient waste water treatment zero water waste project. (Masdar City)
- 2017-2018 Co-PI: Arizona state Univ. USA-Pak Energy Modeling strategy for KPK , Pakistan .
- Winner of Presidents of Pakistan Talent Award UGC . 1997.
- Cert. of appreciation as Scientific writer /journalist / broadcaster from United Nations Information Centre for millennium development goals. (2002)
- Certif. of appreciation WWF-PK for contribution as Master trainer on environmental water conservation 2002.
- Declared as French Government Scholar (Boursier Français )under Franco-Pakistanis PhD program 2008-2012 )
- Laureate scholar Société Française de Microscopie (SFμ) France (2012 ).
- Awarded visiting Assistant Professor at Institute of Chemical Physics ,University of Paris Sacley 2008-20013.
- Invited speaker on dual application of POM-Porphyrinthin film water remmediation and Solarenergy production atCalifornia Institute of Technology USA.(2012)
- Awarded as author (Free) membership of Royal Society of chemistry UK (2013)
- Grant winning research talk on Forward Osmosis water technology to Masdar city Project /Trevi system USA.
- Invited consultant at Lahore University of management Science (LUMS) –Pakistan for Inst.of water Informatics & technology 2016
- Best innovation presentation award on Graphene based nano filtration of river water into drinking water Japan-UAE innovation conference Abu Dhabi UAE 2016.
- As technicalAdvisor UNDP earned best country of compliance award of Montreal protocol and Vienna convention for effective atmospheric Ozone protection in Pakistan 2007-08.
- Awarded as author (Free) membership of American chemical Society USA (2020)
- Member Editorial Board « International Journal of Energy and Environmental Science(IJEES) » Science Publishing Group USA.
- Oxford – Cambridge Board A level International Examiner / Evaluation 2021- to date.
- Advanced Project Management: University of Oxford UK (2010)
- Project Consultant /coordinator: UN Environmental program (2007-08)
- Program planning & media management for environment /development (2001-2005)
- Member Executive Council- Institute of Physical Chemistry U. Paris Sud (2010 – 2012)
- Member Executive Council – School of doctoral studies U. Paris sud (2010-2012)
- Member Organizing committee – Convocation University Paris sud (2010-2013).
- Member Chemical Institute of Canada. ID: 19984
- Member Canadian Society for Chemical Engineering. Membership ID: 19984
- Member Royal society of chemistry UK
- Member American Chemical Society USAMEMBERSHIP NUMBER: 30874850
- Member Société Français de Microscopie (SFμ)France.
- Member French Chemical Society , France .
- Member Electrochemical Society of USA MECS ID: 429597 https://community.electrochem.org/eWeb/startpage.aspx .
Member Editorial /Reviewer Board:
- Oxford – Cambridge Board A level International Examiner 2021- to date .
- International Journal of Energy & Environment –Science Publishing .group USA. http://www.energyenvsci.org/editorialboard?editorialboardtypeid=5.
- Journal of water Process Engineering – Elsevier Publishing, [https://reviewerhub.elsevier.com/rewards-reports/certificates].
- Renewable energy- An International Journal. Elsevier Publishing.
- Industrial crops & products – Elsevier Journals
- Elsevier Journal Infection Prevention in Practice by Health care Society, WC1N 1PG, London UK. Elsevier Publishing.
- Saudi Journal of Biological Sciences, KSA, Elsevier Publishing.
Institutional Development Services (Founder role ) :
- Establishment of NEQS for petroleum sector in NCPC- UNIDO at ARL 2002-2004.
- Establishment of Ozone protection Protocol for Pakistan 2008 Acknowledged with Award UNDP.
- Establishment of US-Pak centre for Advanced studies in Energy at UET Peshawar
- USAID –Arizona state Univ. Program Lead for M.S./PhD. Curriculumn Development
- USAID –Arizona state Univ. Program lead Laboratories /Industrial Liaison.
- Establishment of 02 National Broadcasting Stations in Islamabad & Sargodha 2005.
- LUMS – 2016 -Estab. Centre for Water informatics (pioneer team).
International Peer-reviewed Research :
( Solar PV , Photocatalysis , water Desalination, Waste to biogas , Electrochemical wastewater treatment )
|Impact Factor||121||Citations :||2248|
|Articles||26||American chemical Society||06|
|Under review||03||Royal Society Chem. UK||04|
|Nature Publishing||04||Elsevier UK||08|
|Conference paper||04||American Inst. of Physics.USA||03|
Media: Producer /writer / expert opinion maker in national e-media
- Program management /Producer: Pak. Broadcasting Corporation Islamabad
- Documentary, News & current affairs, UN Radio programs
- Founder Producer at 03 new FM broadcasting stations.
- Assoc. TV Producer (Business plus TV Islamabad )
National Media Appearances :